In an interview with MTV News the girls girls said that they were aiming to have their third album out probably around next spring 1999. In September 1998, the album was expected to be released in April 1999, however, it was revealed later in November of that year it would be released in May 1999. In December 1998, a spokesperson for the Spice Girls stated that "new songs from the Spice Girls will be released in the year 2000. In the meantime fans can look forward to solo material from Emma, Mel B and Mel C."
Further planned singles to be released in late 2000 never materialized. However official promotional singles of the songs "Tell Me Why", and "If You Wanna Have Some Fun" surfaced and went into circulation. In October 2000 "Tell Me Why" was syndicated to UK radio stations, whilst a promotional montage video for "If You Wanna Have Some Fun" was released to UK television networks. "Tell Me Why" was widely believed to be the next single to be released from the album. "Tell Me Why" was written by Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and various other writers. Melanie C was not invloved with the writing of this song due to schedualing conflicts with her solo album, Northern Star. The song is believed to be about the remaining Spice Girls' frustration after ex-bandmate, Geri Halliwell, left the group.
- "Goodbye" Released in December 1998 after Geri Halliwell left the band; this song is included on the album "Forever"
- "Holler" Officially released in various countries; this single peaked at the #1 position in the UK.
- "Let Love Lead the Way" This single has been released with Holler on a double A-side disc. Although it was released independently in some other countries.
- "Tell Me Why" Official Promo single, Remixes released promotionally
- "If You Wanna Have Some Fun" Official promo single. Official video released promotionally.